Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Silly Willy Nilly

Summer Manifesto. Giggle...

Whenever I hear the word "manifesto" I of course immediately think of the "Communist Manifesto." What does that say about me?


Wiki has this to say about manifestomanifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions, often political in nature. Manifestos relating to religious belief are generally referred to as creeds. Manifestos may also be life stance-related.

And because I was curious, and there was a purple linky thing, here's more from Wiki (cause where else does knowledge come from nowadays?): A person's life stance, or lifestance, is their relation with what they accept as being of ultimate importance, the presuppositions and theory of this, the beliefs, commitments and practice of working it out in living.

And so without further adieu, here is my ri-donk-ulous "Summer Manifesto".

1. Make it through my "organize my life" free lesson. Her spin on why you should do this in the summer - "it's so hot and unbearable outside, you'll want to spend lots of time inside organizing your clutter" - is hilarious!


2. Watch Tabletop and buy one of the games and invite people over and play that game. And drink beer + mojitos.


3. See two whales. In the wild.


4. "Meet up" with a fellow Blogger. In the wild.


5. Go to every outdoor pool in town, like, as many times as I possibly can! Every Friday would be nice...weather be damned!


6. See/host an outdoor movie.


to be continued...

You may be experiencing a strange sense of Deja Vu right now, thinking "didn't Lisa already post something eerily similar to this exact post approximately 2 weeks ago?" You would be correct in those thoughts, as I did post something quite similar to this on June 1, y'know, the first day of summer. Geez louise, where do I live? California? HA! Except I called mine the "Summer Do More" list and not a manifesto, so I am led to believe that this doesn't actually count. Right? And that I need to do this the "right way" and have a link list, and reference other bloggers who are doing the same blargh blargh blargh.

I like Nadine's Manifesto. She's such a sweetheart, and my friend, and awesome. So I am not at all cynical or sarcastic (honest) about her list. But I am about mine!

later loves

ps. Has anyone else noticed the idiotic titles of my recent posts. Search that, Google!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:36 am

    Can I be your blogger meet-up partner? Come to Jasper! You can have a little vacay and cross something off your list. We can definitely also play some games and drink beers/mojitos. The mint is waiting, as are the games. Get your butt out here. :)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!