Thursday, October 04, 2012

It's the Greatest Damn Pumpkin Evah!



Oh. My. Goodness. Where do I even begin? What to Wear this week is "...To A Pumpkin Patch" and when I first read that, about a month ago, I thought how perfect it would be to find an actual pumpkin patch in which to take my photos. And then the next best thing happened...
My pen pal Nicole, and fellow "What to Wear" blog friend came to town! EEK!!! And we got to wander around this here pumpkin patch & corn maze & hay bale piles all afternoon. Sigh...it was so wonderful.


You might be wondering, what does one wear to a pumpkin patch. Well, the answer is longer pants than the ones I had on! HA! It was so dusty there, that those 6 inches of exposed shins got super dirty before the day was out. But the sneakers were a good plan. Please note: when your much cleverer and wise younger sister says the following words to you: "if you value holding on to your money, don't go to Old Navy," listen to her damnit! But isn't my new Old Navy shirt super cute?!
Can I just say that it was really weird having an actual person take my fashion photos? Cause it was. Where do I stand? How do I pose? Oh my...thankfully I am just so photogenic that I only needed a couple of shots...wink!

Jeans // Thrifted
Converse Kicks // Good question!
Silky tee // Old Navy
Cardigan // Joe Fresh
Hat // Splurge (in Lethbridge)
Glasses // Coastal
Necklaces // made by me (necklaces are cool.....)

I can't wait to see what kind of trouble my What to Wear partners-in-crime got into this week!


later loves

p.s. Top photos of Nicole & I taken by Dude! The ones of me (not my feet) taken by Nicole. I'm going to post more pictures of our adventure at Prairie Gardens next week....so stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 am

    DUUUUUUUDE! Where's the photo of you with the pumpkin on your head? I'm pretty sure that one was my favourite! Ha.

    Just looking at that day makes me wish we could do it all over again. But, somehow I don't think we would end up with such a perfect fall day. It SNOWED in Jasper two days ago and today it feels like full-on winter. Crazy business, I tell you!

    Anyway, thanks for being my pumpkin patch pal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I forgot something! I was editing them, and then must have got distracted....gee, surprise surprise! I'm posting a bunch more pics next week, so I'll slot it in there.

      We were supposed to get "sleet" here yesterday, but nothing transpired. It has been super chilly in the mornings though. I am so glad we had a beautiful day to pick our pumpkins!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous--it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Also, you know, wearing that pretty mint color contrasts perfectly with the orange pumpkins. So well done ma'am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... pretty sure you're the most rockin' mama out there. Total outfit envy happening here... heh.
    You gals are the cutest bumpkins, I mean pumpkins in the patch!
    mel ;o)
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are freaking adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think it's awesome that you two made a duo what to wear! And I love your hat. Oh and your necklaces, it's awesome that you made those yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, how fun! and I agree that it was money well spent on that lovely shirt, awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! So perfectly fall. What a great hat and that shirt is the best color! Looks like fun times were had :)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!