Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Goal: "Go Sledding". Check!

Date: Saturday, January 12
What: Sledding on the hill behind our house
Cast: Dude & I
Temperature: A beautiful -5!

When I suggested we head out to the hill, Dude said to me: "I guess we could go, and kill some time. There's nothing better to do at home..." Or something to that effect. Like he was doing me a favour by indulging my desire to go sledding! Dude!! But I got to check off one of my January goals. Yay me!

Dude didn't have a good grip on his sled, so when it started back down the hill he sort of just stood there in shock for a moment before diving after it. I was no help whatsoever. Who else was going to document the occasion?

Dude offered to pull me up the hill! HA! He managed to turn my sled around and then gave up. It was such hard work he asked me to pull him up! Boy-oh, is he ever getting heavy!

The sports store in our local "mall" is closing down, so everything is 30% off! Good thing I waited (aka procrastinated) before buying new gear. I haven't owned a nice pair of snow pants in years! And the coat has all these fancy pockets, and snaps on the inside...ski jackets need to come with instruction manuals...

 I did go over the "jump" a couple of times. It was awesome! I love sledding, even on our tiny little hill. It reminds me of what it felt like as a kid. Reckless abandon. No thought toward safety, or the cold, or how long before Mom called you in. Just give'er until you can't feel your fingers, toes, and nose, and then make your (reluctant) way home.


No snowmen were made on this particular trip out of doors (see Goal #1). The snow is just too powdery and fluffy and dry right now. We got some more that night as well. Perfect, fluffy, sparkly snow. I call it "Hollywood Snow!" Dude & I did throw hard chunks of snow back and forth at each other and called it a "snowball fight." Good thing he has bad aim, and can't throw more than a few feet in front of him, and I have good aim and only shoot for the body. That was crunchy snow!

And the tongues are back....

later loves

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 am

    You guys are so cute. My friend Mishelle and I were just talking over the weekend about how we should get our hands on some sleds. I haven't been on one in YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love going sledding... Minus the climbing back up a hill part.... Carrying a toddler & a sled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, this makes me want to go sledding. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!