Monday, April 01, 2013

Is is April already?

Where the fuck did March go people? I mean, really! One moment I was making my March goals, and reveling in the SNOW & COLD that is March in Edmonton. And now the snow is melting, and there are bags of Mini Eggs for sale everywhere, and we're blowing bubbles and playing with sidewalk chalk, and it's fricken' April! ACK!

So I guess I need to make some more goals yo...some April Goals (that's so my search widget will pick up this post!) I will admit to many setbacks that prevented 75% of my March goals from being completed (Dining room table clean! Check!) but as per usual, I have high hopes for the new month. And there is no way I will ever beat myself up for not completing these fun goals of mine. They are for fun and are guidelines only. I mean really...I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.

1. Have a girls' night out. As much as I enjoy my weekly coffee dates with BFF (like, a lot, I enjoy them a lot) there is something to be said for a night out with my girls. Maybe a bottle (or two) of wine. Giggles. Talk of boys & hairdos (or whatever passes for girl talk nowadays, I'm really out of the loop). Etc. So I guess I should figure out who "my girls" are first. Any volunteers? 2. Go jump in some puddles. Why yes Nicole, I am totally jealous of your escapades in the puddles of Jasper last month. Totally. 3. More DIYs. I really enjoyed completing all those random, spur-of-the-moment DIYs last month. I want to add some more fashion ones in to the mix, and see where that takes me. Also, I ordered some hair pin legs online for a coffee table I am hoping to build! Eek! 4. Thirty Days of Lists. Yes, I realize that 30 Days of Lists is over - officially - and I have missed the boat to participate in the community and whatnot. But I rarely participate in the group work of online classes/seminars/sessions anyway, and that's okay. And Moorea Seal has her 52 Lists going on as well, so I have some ideas to choose from. And if we're being completely realistic here, one list per day is way too big of a commitment for me! HA! I have been writing, journaling & drawing in my moleskine more than ever, and I find myself very grounded and contented afterwards. These won't be fancy lists, but they will exist to inspire and to help me practice putting my thoughts on paper.

Of course "finish my damn bathroom renovations" is on the damn list. Damnit. And as soon as they are done, I'm going to put some other crazy reno plan on the list and see how many months we can drag that one out. Geeze louise!

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot...BFF turns 30 at the end of the month! Wheee! Some sort of crazed debauchery is in order I'm sure. Oh, who am I kidding. We'll probably just drink martinis, listen to records and watch the stars. Sounds amazing...

Hello April! I'm ready for you!

later loves

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:00 am

    Yay! I can't wait to see the results of your puddle jumping adventure.

    It really is crazy that April is here already. The last two months have been a total blur. I think I should get a list together as well. I have been a bit of a grumpus lately... maybe I'll need is a list to get me out and about and happy again.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!