Thursday, December 05, 2013

Christmas Cards - Spoiler Alert!

 I FINALLY ordered our Christmas cards! I got started ages ago online, and got frustrated. Really really super frustrated. Sometimes I think technology is out to get me. I'm in real trouble if Skynet ever becomes a reality. So I took a break, forgot completely about them, stumbled on a post from Elise, and then had a scramble moment!

My sister & I (but it was mostly Amy's idea) bought a family photography session for my Mom for her birthday. We wanted to take the pressure off of her shoulders, as she is usually the one taking our pictures in the fall. And Sheri did an amazing job. We all look really great on Mom's wall!

But I haven't done anything with the pictures since receiving the disc in September. And I'm a scrapbooker, for Pete's sake! We live for this shit!

So I spent some time last night on the laptop, eating ice cream, watching old Fred Astaire movies, and ordering photos. That's my kind of "me time". It was really easy to upload my pictures to the site, and change what I needed to change. And they have so many options for cards. And envelopes are included! A little less stress this time of year is always appreciated. The back of the card is the most adorable photo of Lucas I have ever seen in my whole life. The grandparents are going to enjoy that one!

I only hope they come in time! HA!

photography by Capture It! Photography
card from minted.com
And I don't get anything from anybody for this post!

later loves

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't finished up Christmas cards yet! I keep having this fear that I'm waaaaay too late. So reading this post has been such a nice deep breath! Also, your family is completely adorable and for what it's worth, I love reading your posts about being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are great. I ordered from Shutterfly this year and I'm not really impressed. I'm proud of myself - I had photos printed and hung on the wall probably within a month of receiving the disc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:44 pm

    Last year's photo remains on my fridge and will not move until I have this one in my possession.

    I look forward to that day.

    I haven't come up with my creative Christmas card idea for this year yet. I'm thinking it might involve a photo of me dressed as a Christmas tree. Not sure, though. It needs more thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I have mine sitting here... should really get those addressed. I think I caught a case of the Bah Hum Bugs.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!