Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SIMPLIFY: My Office Space

Making goals doesn't need to be fancy or complicated. You don't need a special work book or day timer, or lesson plan, or whatever else.

Sometimes all you need is a coloured marker, and a scrap piece of paper (from a Ramada Hotel notepad apparently...), and a goal.
This is my new approach to making goals. Make an "I WANT-I NEED" statement and answer the following: Where, What, How, When.

And then work on it every day. EVERY DAY. I think that’s the key. A little bit at a time, and a due date that’s just far enough away to be do-able and not forgettable.

This is my "before". This is my space that is not working for my life. But I have already made a lot of progress, and I am feeling buoyed by how fast things are changing and starting to look the way I want them to. And all the crap that I am getting rid of! Feels so good!


I still have some emotional blocks when it comes to my photos, but I am pushing through. And when I am having a rough day already, I don’t open those boxes!


And here is a progress shot. I got so much accomplished in this space last weekend. I every piece of furniture around, save one. And as soon as I laid down in my bed for a nap afterward, I knew I had made the right choice.

Can I just take a moment to ooh and ahh at the sunlight filling my room?

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It feels good to have a goal again, and to know what I need to do to get it done. It is empowering, and it gives me the inspiration to DO MORE in other areas of my life.

I still have lazy Sundays where I just watch entire seasons of Veronica Mars on Netflix, but I'm okay with that too!

1 comment:

  1. great job!! maybe some shelving and one of your paintings on the wall?!?!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!