Tuesday, November 03, 2015

A year in the making

Sometimes Often times I start something, and never finish it. I have bags of almost finished layouts, and mini albums, and woven rugs...you get the picture.

And sometimes, those things get finished. Cause I love them so much. This mini album (thankfully) was rescued from oblivion and completed and is so perfectly imperfect that I just can't even.

My mini album aesthetic is touch.

Is found things.

Is texture.

Is made up as I go.

I enjoy the random leftovers on my table, or in a folder. Something quirky, something beautiful, something that speaks to me.

This makes for a lovely and unique book every time.

Welcome to Jasper 2014.


In typical Lisa fashion, the cover of this book is from a tissue box. And the back is an art print from a book that I cut down. Looking back at this now, I don't think this book started out as my Jasper scrapbook...the butterfly is a dead giveaway.


I have to work on my "sketches in the field". They stinky stink, but they are a good reminder of feelings and whatnot.


I grabbed a Fitzhugh in the lobby, Jasper's paper. My girl's tiny thumbnail self was on the front page. This moonlight madness ad was calling my name. Always bring a glue stick.


Do you have a fabulous envelope that was made just for you and sent just for you from a person you are going to see on the trip for which this mini album is a keepsake? Put that damn thing in there dammit!


I love it when random supplies somehow magically fit together, as if they were made for each other. Round sticker, meet camera stamp.


Have you ever met someone that sets you on fire a little bit, in a good way? This gal right here...

Gesso is the great equalizer. (Like Nadine, but that's another story.)

Yes, Dan bought me a Jasper postcard in the "gift shop" for our little cabins, and sent it to me once we got home. Damn straight I'm gonna put it in the album. It's probably mushy. Perhaps avert your eyes.


Found items and hand carved stamps for the win.


It is my jam. It takes forever, and it's messy and odd and it's just right and why would I ever do it any other way.

Best album celebrating best adventures.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!