Monday, December 14, 2015

Balance

Feminism.

Sexism.

Racism.

Politics.

Violence.

Poverty.

Child abuse.

Climate justice.

MMIW

Ignorant jerk faced jerks.

Terrorism.

Abortion.

That political party you don't like.

That news program with the talking heads spewing sexist, racist, hateful bullshit.




I am overwhelmed. And I have a feeling that I am not the only one.

I have been doing more lately to cultivate a healthier internet experience for myself.

As much as I enjoy and appreciate reading about POVs that are different from my own, sometimes those veer into very toxic territory and it's just not worth it.

And so I take a break. And start four different blog posts about what I am feeling, which I am not confident in finishing or posting.

And then I watch cat videos on You Tube.

Thank goodness for adorable cats and their human companions who record their antics and post them on the internet.

I've been watching a LOT of cat videos lately.

Take care of yourself.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!