Thursday, January 21, 2016

Fashion Mimic


I am a mimic. I learned through some of my non-fiction reading over the past few years, that a lot of introverted people are mimics. We use this ability to fit into social situations where we don't innately know the rules and are too overwhelmed by all the discomfort we feel in such surroundings. We mimic other people’s behavior, speech, mannerisms, etc. in order to “fit in” and alleviate some of the distress.

I also mimic accents. This becomes awkward when I am having a conversation with someone and I all of sudden break into a Irish brogue or something! I have a “Canadian Accent” so this tends to be quite noticeable. I mean no disrespect, but sometimes I forget to turn it off.

I recently discovered that I am also a fashion mimic.

I couldn’t figure out why all of a sudden I was buying grey trousers, and black pleather leggings. This has not been my normal fashion habit. I tend towards colour.

Then one day I looked at my lady coworkers…and it clicked.


I think Kim has this exact shirt. Nope...her checks are bigger.

I like it so far. Makes getting dressed much easier. Everything matches.

xo The Fashion Mimic

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!