Thursday, September 07, 2017

Action 2017 - Journaling Habits


I made a commitment to myself at the beginning of the year that journaling would be an important daily Action. And I made it to June! That's better than I have ever done! And then summer hit, and we all know how I feel about how this summer went for me. ICYMI, it was a bummer.

Life felt too full of nothing, and I didn't keep up my "journal every day" action item. Was I too busy? HA! No. It just fell aside, and I maybe reached for it once a week, if that.

But, I am better at being good to myself, forgiving myself, and letting shit go this year.

So I am just getting back on it, without judgement.

And I am re-realizing that this is an important part of my mental health, my daily rituals, and cultivating my good habits.

So the moral of the story is...
- Don't feel bad if your habit isn't trucking along like you expected
- Let go of your expectations of perfection
- Just start, just start again

Do you have a daily habit that has taken a back seat over the summer? Did you have great success with your daily rituals over the summer? Do you want to get on a daily ritual, but have no idea how to get started?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!