Monday, January 15, 2018

One Little Word 2017 - Action


"How we spend our days is how we spend our lives." - Annie Dillard

I am still finding and remembering moments from last year that really brought home my word to me. Moments that are filled with the lessons and victories that I found thanks to my word.

At the beginning of 2017 I started saving my wristbands whenever I went to a rec centre. I thought "wouldn't it be cool to use these as documentation of my year of Action?" There was no structure, process, or plan to go along with this. I simply found a little shoe box and a Sharpie, and started saving my wristbands instead of throwing them out.


I was going to count the amount of wristbands I saved, but then I realized that the actual amount isn't the important thing. This colourful box made me so happy to look back through. Even if I don't remember each run, swim, or workout, the dates and moments add up and show me how committed I was to my goals last year...and how I continue to re-commit everyday to showing up and slowly adding to my health story.


I stopped going to the public gym regularly once the gym at my office opened in the summer. And we don't get wristbands there ;-)


This was an incredibly positive exercise, a simple activity with a big impact at the end of the year. I am going to start look for other easy opportunities to celebrate my victories as I pursue my word for 2018.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!