Saturday, January 13, 2018

One Little Word 2018 - Connect

Image shows a road running through a quiet neighbourhood. There is snow on the ground, and the golden winter sun is shining on a yellow house and a green house in the background and large trees lining the street with the shadows of two people walking.

My One Little Word for 2018 is Connect.

This word came to me on a wintery run last month. And even when I started second-guessing myself, I also knew that it was the right word for me at this time of my life. This is the one time of year that I really use Pinterest, and I have started a Connect 2018 board there. It's mostly quotes at this point, as that is an early exercise I like to get under my belt when preparing for the year, and getting some inspiration for a word. And then fleshing out, or figuring out, how my word is going to help me explore and guide me over this next year.

HOW I AM DOCUMENTING MY WORD THIS YEAR
  1. Instagram using the hashtag #olwconnect2018
  2. Handmade 4x18 Art Journal
  3. My blog
I have decided not to participate in Ali Edwards' OLW Workshop. I completed it last year, and I definitely recommend it if you are picking a word for the first time and need a little extra push to make your word visible in your life. Or if you are a seasoned veteran with choosing a word, but want a little more accountability.  #notanad


MY FOCUS FOR THIS YEAR
I will go into this more when I post the start of my OLW 2018 Album, but I wanted to share a bit about how I hope my word will shape my year, and what I want to invite as I explore CONNECT.

Connect with my Heart // This looks like Rituals, Meditation, Yoga, Stillness, Vulnerability, Art, Big Beautiful Self Talk

Connect with Nature // This looks like Camping, Bird Watching, Ravine Exploring, Bike Riding, Laying in the Grass

Connect with my Community // This looks like Blogging, Meeting my Neighbours, Volunteering, Teaching Art

Connect with my People // This looks like All Manner of Dates, Hosting Games Night, Writing Letters & Emails, Getting OFF Facebook and ON to more couches

And as always, I want to invite MORE into my life.

More rituals. More candles. More beach. More mountains. More hugs. More laughter. More of less.


WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ALREADY
Yes, we are only a few weeks into the new year, and I have already learned something about my word/thanks to my word. Honestly, that's how I know it's a good word.

I have learned that connection is sometimes hard and messy, and it may not go the way you planned. But like any goal, all the baby steps count, even if you feel they are taking you backwards.


READ MORE ABOUT MY JOURNEY WITH OLW HERE
Honesty 2014 // Simplify 2015 // Time 2016 // Action 2017

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!