Wednesday, April 25, 2018

December Daily 2017



Last year was my first ever year of finishing a December Daily album, and I was feeling pretty proud of myself in January! Whoa! This year I am finally finishing it up in April, but I am still finished and I am still feeling very proud of myself!

It used to be that I couldn't finish any longer mini album to save my life, so this new trend is leaving me feeling very optimistic! Two years in a row! Boo yah!


With a set number of pages in this book, I had to get a little bit creative with adding extra photos on days when I needed them. Enter these fun little tags and envelopes! I punched holes along the edge of them - just like the cardstock for the journaling - and inserted them directly into the album at the proper date.

Embellishments are limited with this one, as I don't want to add much bulk to the book AND I don't want to over complicate things for me, or else this would never get finished. Trust me...that's why most of my previous December Daily albums sit in the shame corner. (That's not a real thing, I don't get scrapbook shame, but you know what I mean!)


Numbers, a few stickers, and that's about it! I talk a little bit about making a "Christmas Kit" in the video I did, but I am having some major technical difficulties with everything right now, so that will have to wait.

I'll try to post it soon, along with the short video I recorded about putting together a themed kit to make scrapbooking a little bit easier on you.

All of my Christmas newsletters, photo cards, and handmade cards go at the back.

I am really glad that I found a format that works so well for me, and allows for repeated success!


Are you a keeper of a December Daily? Do you finish your album/documentation on time every year? Do you stop on December 25th, or continue until the end of the month?

xo

FURTHER READING
December Daily 2016
ALL of my December Daily posts
Ali Edwards - December Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!