Monday, January 22, 2018

Winter 10 x 10 Challenge

It's time for another 10x10 Challenge! The first one I joined in on last fall was super successful, and I was excited to see the chatter and build up online this past week. The #10x10friends community is very inspiring. The winter challenge technically started on Friday, but I was still on the fence about my 10th piece, so I didn't have this post ready to go. Until now!

What is a 10x10 Challenge?
The gal behind Style Bee created the 10x10 Challenge in 2015 while she was doing a "shopping fast". No shopping means you have to get creative with what you already have, and this challenge is just the tool to help you do that. I myself have made a goal to buy no new clothes this year, so I have a feeling that I will be jumping in feet first with whatever minimalist fashion challenge I can find!

The basic guidelines are as follows:
1. Choose 10 items from your current closet
2. Wear only these items for 10 days
3. Create 10 unique outfits from these 10 pieces!

My Challenge
I thrifted two sweaters after Christmas, and while one of them is becoming a fast favourite, the other one feels like an impulse purchase. By including both of them in the challenge this time around, I hope to really get comfortable with how they fit into my closet.

I am not including my exercise gear, outer wear, pajamas, jewelry, shoes, or other accessories in my 10 items.


The Pieces
Here are the items from my closet I have selected for this 10x10 challenge!

Top Left: Reversible Shawl/Vest - Value Village
Top Right: Black blazer - Value Village
Bottom Left: Grey cardigan - Joe Fresh via Value Village
Bottom Right: Army green tee - via Splurge

Top Left: Plaid tunic - Joe Fresh
Top Right: Off-white sweater - Value Village
Bottom Left: Pleather leggings - Joe Fresh
Bottom Right: Reversible Black/Print skirt - Joe Fresh

Top Right: Black denim - Jessica Simpson via Value Village with Unbelts belt in Cappuccino
Right: Midi length, navy blue sleeveless dress Value Village (vintage)

I will be posting my full outfits daily on my Instagram, and every few days on the blog. I am curious to see what I will learn this time, and which piece(s) & outfits will end up being my favourites. Or which ones end up being your favourites!

FURTHER READING
Not Ladylike - Fall 10x10 Challenge Second Half
Style Bee - 10x10 Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!